Vivian Galaxy: Fortune is Not A Relatable Concept


Disclaimer: I am not here to preach for or against a particular lifestyle. It is one thing to say what one can or cannot do when the critic is someone who has yet to reach a certain status.
It’s another thing to experience first-hand the kind of wealth and recognition some of these stars experience on a daily basis. What I am about to say comes from a standpoint of a music fan with admiration for those who dip into the vat of music to produce influential works.

The music industry, as much as it is rewarding to some artists, is equally cruel and unforgiving to others.

There are cases, as numerous as the grains of sand that litter the coast of Long Beach, of artists who gradually become unrecognizable as their career progresses. In my opinion, this transformation is a response to the constant pressure, as well as the flurry of scrutiny and criticism, that complements newfound fame and wealth. In certain cases, I can understand why some of these stars (like Rihanna, Drake, etc.) flaunt their riches. I don’t agree with it, but it seems like the only way to command respect, in an industry where success is based on wealth. However, as a music fan, I feel disconnected from artists who build their public image on their immeasurable wealth with no focus on financial or mental stability. Why would I follow someone who I cannot incorporate some of that person’s lifestyle into my own, without damaging myself? Sometimes, I would like to be reminded that goofiness and cultural discipline can just as effectively enhance my life and reputation, as the display of a new timepiece or a multi-million dollar home. I would like to think I am not the only one who thinks so.


That’s why I love showcasing works from artists who are not trying to be the next video vixen or high roller.  Their attitude on life is something I can relate to and easily incorporate in my own life, regardless where in life I am in. With that said, I am happy to share a work from an artist who is upbeat and true to her cultural upbringing. In this video, her outward quirkiness and positive view on life, are qualities that I believe can better my lifestyle and reputation without driving me to madness. Granted she is at the beginning of her career, I wish her much success and hope she finds that balance between attaining success in this industry and keeping true to her upbringing. Without further ado, I present “Ebi Ebi” by Vivian Galaxy.

Ebi Ebi by Vivian Galaxy


Special thanks to Vivian Galaxy for sharing this video. If you liked this music video, like it on its YouTube page and leave her a comment. Tell her EBG sent you. Also, leave a comment below. Let me know if you can better relate to a song focused on wealth or a song where mental and financial stability is the focus?

Comments